If you have a sweet tooth and are looking for an excuse to stop counting your carbs, sugar and fat, then today is the day to celebrate. Luckily, December 9 marks the arrival of National Baking Day.
This little treat is one of the favorite desserts of all sweet lovers. The day is celebrated to encourage people to cook and eat pastries.
The culinary art form of pastry developed in the Middle East in the 7th century.
It then spread to Europe and French and Italian chefs developed their own recipes and version of this little candy.
These days, foodies around the world enjoy different types of dough, including shortcrust pastry, puff pastry, puff pastry, puff pastry, and phyllo.
Here are some interesting quotes to commemorate this sweet holiday. Courtesy Brainy Quotes.
1. “Being a great baker-pastry chef requires the greatest open-mindedness. I try all the desserts that come to mind! -Christina Tosi
2. “The biggest challenge of being a pastry chef is that, unlike other types of chefs, you can’t organize things together at a farmer’s market. When working with baking powder and formula, you have to be specific or things can go wrong.” – Salle Carla
3. “Unless you’re a pro, you’ll find pie to be a demanding and unforgiving pastry whistleblower.” -Sloane Crosley
4. “I fell in love with baking because I felt I could be a lot more creative. It’s precise and you don’t have to kill anything. -Johnny Iuzzini
5. “It’s true that writing and baking are similar, but when you work as a pastry chef, you can have a kind of mania that everything you see is related to baking.” -Mark Kurlansky
6. “If I was never a model?” I would be back in Kansas. I would probably end up becoming a pastry chef. My grandmother taught me how to make a pie. -Lindsey Wixson
7. “I love making pies – pies, quiches, savory pies, fruit pies. I use an old-fashioned pastry blender with wires and a wooden handle. never use a recipe.-Ruth Reichl
8. “My first school play was ‘Perkin and the Baker’ which my elementary school put on, and I played a boy, and it was so much fun, and I would love to play a boy again. I think that would be great.- Anya Taylor-Joie
9. “I was drawn to baking and baking. It’s the same discipline you employ in dancing – you follow directions and you keep practicing, striving for perfection. You never get there, but you strive.” – Ron Ben-Israel
10. “When you think of French pastries, one of the most classic traditional pastries is the éclair. An éclair is like a blank canvas that can be easily adapted to any environment. most important of a perfect flash, and they should be used at their peak.-Johnny Iuzzini